Who can claim free school meals?
If you are in receipt of certain benefits and have a household income which does not exceed the current Government threshold, you could be entitled to free schools meals for your child saving you over £300 per year.
Parents or carers in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Job seekers allowance (income based)
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Child tax credit with an annual income which does not exceed £16,040 and NOT claiming Working Tax Credit
- Guarantee element of a State Pension Credit
- Children who receive income Support or Job Seekers Allowance (income based) in their own right.
- Asylum Seekers receiving support provided under part 6 of the immigration and Asylum act 1999.
How to apply.
For further information or to register, please contact the Benefits Office on:
Tel: 01824 706316 / 706312 / 706302
Email enquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
with details of your name, date of birth and National Insurance number, they can advise if you are entitled to Free Meals and will send you application details.
Once you have applied and been granted free school meals for your children you do not need to re-apply annually, this can be will be amended with any changes to your income.
Free school meals forms are also available from your child’s school.